I am on the hunt for an open source KM Maturity Model. I am looking to do some benchmarking with colleagues and we are wanting to use a common model.
Here are a number of models and assessments I have come across so far:
- APQC KM Maturity Model: More on implementation maturity (roadmap) than capability maturity.
- David Skyrme KM Assessment: 10 areas of assessment
- KMMM: From Siemens AG. 5 levels of maturity, eight areas of assessment (50,000 Euro?! There goes my KM budget…. for the next 5 years!!!)
- KM Self Assessment (Learning to Fly; Collison & Parcell) 5 levels, 5 areas.
- KMmm by TKCI: 6 levels, 4 areas
- 5iKM3 KM Maturity Model by TCS: 5 levels, 3 areas.
- MAKE Awards: 8 areas
- European KM Forum KM Assessment Model and Tool: 8 areas
What have you used/found and how useful was it?
I am keeping notes here. Feel free to add.